Bolinao was the planned destination last July 4th (holiday in the US). Last minute decision, we cancelled Bolinao since it'd take us 9 hours to go there and we just wanted to chill. So we headed to a much nearer place: Pico de Loro. I had no idea where it was exactly in Batangas or what it really was. I just knew that people go there to hike and to go to the beach. Saturday morning, we had a few drinks with Mark, colleague from work, who said it was one of the best places he'd ever gone to. So, ok. He had to do some more research about it. I learned that it's a beach club with a membership. There's also a hotel for non- members like us. We booked online using agoda and got an overnight stay at the hotel for 6,600 php/ 2 pax, which includes a buffet breakfast. Pricey. Online, the place looked nice. so, we went for it. Jen and i woke up really early to go to the bus station in Cubao. 4am we were there and the bus left at 5am.
How to go there (with approx. fare)
1. DLTB Cubao bus station going to Nasugbu. - 150 php
3. Go down to DLTB Nasugbu terminal and ride a trike going to Pico De Lori - 300 php
4. A car picked at the gate. - no fee fare
"We are here!!!"
The beach was great!
What to do:
1. Beach bumming: there's no better way to relax but just to stay by the beach and just sit back, relax while listening the the suttle sound of the waves.
2. Water activities: you may rent a paddle board or kayak for 400- 600 php. I didn't get to do this as i'd rather relax on the beach.
3. Island hopping: i didn't get to inquire what other islands to go. It cost 6,000 php to do it. Pricey, i know.
4. Hiking: i just heard you may hike a mountain in pico de loro. I didn't hike in this trip.
5. Eat, eat, eat!
6. Sleep: the hotel bed was sooo soft and cozy. You'll be tempted to sleep all day. Haha. You may also do mivie marathon before you sleep. They have a nice flat screen tv that offers lot's of channels.
1. The place is great for family with kids. It seemed secure and very safe for kids. There were life guards roaming around and there were very few people on the beach. It was a Sunday. There might be a lot of people on a saturday but i woild know that.
2. Pricey: this was expected. It looked like a 4-star hotel. Everything was just 3x the price. Like the San Mig Pilsen- 150 php. Ughk.
Overall, the trip was just chill. Awesome :)