Travels

Monday, January 05, 2015

The Holidays: the Scrooge

I was reading my blog entriy from last year's Christmas (2013). I was happy despite of being alone. Now, i am kind of regretting i was resentful and scroogey on Christmas 2014 due to the fact that i was ALONE AGAIN! It felt unacceptable and unfair... But i should have decided to be happy or made a little more effort to make myself happy... come to think of it... i did try.
1. I ate dinner lavishly in a Greek restaurant. Wait. "Lavishly" is an overstatement. Yes, the meal was expensive. Way expensive. But it was just OK. i had a fillet mignon.. the rarest beef i've ever eaten. there was still blood when slicing the meat.
2. Went window shopping at the night market. i didn't buy anything. didn't see anything nice (at that time when i was all scroogey).
3. i did not stay outside much as i did in 2013. Missed people watching. and animal watching.
4. had my dessert at CBTL. They ran out of beverages. I was stuck with the usual triple decker cake, which was yum anyway. can't complain.
5. Thanks, Ert, for keeping me company online. Thanks for the invite though. ( i was invited to their home on Christmas day. but i thought i'd just fall asleep and then wake up with my sleeping hosts at night time.)
6. oh, wait! i did buy myself a Christmas gift. i went to Fully Booked and bought a 2015 planner. :)

I went back to the condo, feeling meh. but.. oh well, what was i to do?

Moral lesson: Do not ruin your holiday next time. Let us practice positive mantra to shoo away unwanted feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

say whut?