Travels

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

something about dec 2008, family visit. again, it's a late post

i was reading my old blog entries dated december 2008 and i was not able to talk too much about mom, dad and brother's visit in the phils. i guess i've written it somewhere else. could be on my old journal (notebook). so, then, this is going to be the oldest late post i'm going to write unless i'd think of an older memory stored at the back of my brain. anyway, here goes.

well, back in dec 2008, like i said, mom, dad and brother came home. i really missed them. it was really fun when they came home since they were sort of the life of the party, especially, among my aunts and uncles...(even before they went to the states) they're the comedians in the family. :) haha.

my aunts, uncles, cousins and nephews (mom side) from Cali visited too. so, it was actually a super grand reunion. it's funny, they've been in the states for a long time, but somehow, i still felt the filipino in them. good thing. :) patrick(8) and matthew (13), my dear dear nephews were so adorable. it was my first time to have ever seen them and it was as if i've known them all my life.. (i remember, we went to the Mall of Asia with my dad's side, strolling, when the 2 kids just sprang in front of me and said, 'TITA!' and hugged me tightly, so excited, i thought they'd pee their pants. LOL. i miss them now. i told them not to grow up too fast.

also, what i miss about my family's visit was the delicious breakfast we always had in the mornings... i'd hear my dad waking me up, 'anna, wake up! breakfast is ready.'... and so it was... the luscious aroma of fried eggs just gave me this grumbling sound in my stomach... the plate was full with food, complete with rice, eggs, toasted bread with butter and a glass of milk... i love it when we eat together too. the appetite's just there when you have someone to eat with, really. i felt like a little girl again, being pampered... :)

my brother, on the other hand was not so much around during that time since he had his schedule full. we went to parties here and there with old friends. he had become a party animal. geez, my little brother... (dont get me wrong, i dont hate parties. i do party occassionally).

hrmmm. i dunno when they'll be coming back. soon will be just great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whut?